+ -

Pages

Fern-tastic find

As I start thinking about plans for Bangladesh and how I could contribute with my (limited, unfortunately) knowledge of landscape architecture in general, much less on local site-specific knowledge of Chittagoong area, this piqued my interest and I hope to do more research on it.

Once again, it's a return to biomimicry and using nature to combat the ills that the abuse of technology has caused from our actions and unthoughtful ways. Chinese brake fern (Pteris vittata) and silver fern (Pityrogramma calomelanos) to reduce arsenic poisoning in Bangladesh.

As much as part of me wants to think that I shouldn't dabble into the bigger picture of things when I'm just a total rookie in this industry, the other part of me wants to think that if anything, my studies have taught me to dream big, and then re-frame it with existing technology but keep on challenging what existing knowledge there is, and ought to be.

So, perhaps looking into the social ills or what the main needs are, other than just cosmetic needs of circulation and screening, would be a good aspect too.
5 CULTIVATING CHAI: Fern-tastic find As I start thinking about plans for Bangladesh and how I could contribute with my (limited, unfortunately) knowledge of landscape architectu...

No comments:

Post a Comment

< >