+ -

Pages

"YES is more"



What I found interesting about the video was the desire to emulate nature into the design, and it seems to be able to incorporate the concepts of art, liveability, and sustainability into the same package. It is quite an interesting trend though, to see how increasingly sustainability is seen as another standard engineered set of rules, rigid, boring, ugly. And so optimistic designers, like Ingel, and Koolhas, have been pushing forward ideas that inspire more creativity and innovation, putting art back into the equation. Although there have been many criticisms on how many of these buildings are art > engineered works, but I guess Rome wasn't built in a day, and so it takes time to understand and get the right balance.

I feel inadequate to comment any more, firstly because my design vocabulary and knowledge are so limited that I cannot possibly critique things well, and secondly, I have a load of school work to focus on. Perhaps, if I'm determined, I'll be able to finish my school work in time, and still have some spare to research or read up on these interesting ideas and concepts! Will have to do a research on each of the buildings Ingel has brought up in this video some day!

(And, squeee, absolutely love TED talks ay!)
5 CULTIVATING CHAI: "YES is more" What I found interesting about the video was the desire to emulate nature into the design, and it seems to be able to incorporate the conc...

No comments:

Post a Comment

< >